Thursday 17 May 2012

If At First You Don't Succeed....

Alec's ready for his special school's Diamond Jubilee party. He has no idea what a diamond is, or what a jubilee is, but he sure knows how to party so he won't mind the regal crown and cloak costume, I'm sure. As long as there's cake about, Alec's happy.

Meanwhile the chip, chip, chip continues with Bobby. When I collect him from his friend Jamahl's, he notes with great emphasis that Jamahl has access to the internet on his 3DS. Whereas Bobby isn't allowed internet access on his 3DS.

Bobby's mantra is if at first you don't succeed, WEAR THEM DOWN.

Bobby: 'Jamahl's got access to the internet - look!' (shoving Jamahl's 3DS in mum's face whilst she's trying to have a cup of tea with Jamahl's mum).

Mum: 'Yes I can see that. You can't though, sorry.'

Bobby: (totally ignoring) 'If you click on this, then click on this, see, go to access and then tutorial...click on that...I'll need my pin number - then we've got the internet!'

Mum: 'I know that Bobby but you aren't allowed the internet on your DS, you can play on your log in on the computer.'

Bobby: 'See - but Jamahl has the internet. You can download games and videos and much, much more!' (reverting to advert speak in an attempt to be impressive)

Mum: 'Perhaps you'd like a loooooong chat with dad about it.'

Bobby: 'Would you tell dad? Tell dad I can get the internet? I am very careful, I only go to the right sites. I am professional with the internet.'

Mum: 'Dad's already made his feelings quite clear on this one. We can't block sites so you can't for now no. Maybe when you're older.'

One hour later...

Bobby: 'When I'm 9? Maybe when I'm 9? So that's a couple of months?'

Mum: 'When you're bigger'


Bobby: 'Awwww, it's not fair.'

Mum: 'Sometimes you have to trust mum and dad. You know what trust means? You have to have faith that we know what we're talking about and that we do things for your good. We wouldn't want you to be frightened by anything you saw, the internet can be a nasty place.'

Bobby: 'Hmmmm but you've got to trust ME.'

Mum: 'Trust you. Why?'

Bobby: 'Because I am a professional.'

Mum: 'What in?'

Bobby: 'An internet professional.'

Bobby did not get bored of this conversation until Gavin cleverly made it into a joke by putting on a funny voice every time he spoke and saying 'STOP GOING ON ABOUT THE INTERNET!' and tickling him. Bobby found this so amusing that he was entirely distracted from chipping away. Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Eexcellent! This was very funny to read :-D I love your website which is nice and informative, will direct this to a friend of mine who also has an autistic child, she'll be grateful for this :-D

    Your blogs are amazing to! I will definitely vote for you guys later.

    ReplyDelete