Tuesday 29 May 2012

My Own Little Phone Hacker

It's become a quest of increasing complexity, a bit like following the soap around the bath, to stay one step ahead of Bobby when it comes to computer games.

Fortunately, Gavin knows quite a bit about cyber safety. Unfortunately, so it seems does Bobby.

Having been banned from accessing the internet via his 3DS (you've heard all about this, but it's because you can't block sites), he's far from given up getting round the system. I don't think we've exactly got a Pentagon hacker on our hands, but give him a few years. Gav is going to have to chat to the school, because he keeps on finding unsuitable games on their computers.

Bobby's downfall is being a bit too proud of his work. Yesterday, after a lovely day with two support workers, which the boys spent in the park, picnicking and swimming (and which I spent catching up on all the stuff that I can't get done during the hols), Bobby showed me a film he'd taken on his camera. It was a film of the babysitter's Smartphone and what it was showing, was Mario and Luigi Vice City.

As you can probably guess from the title, this isn't exactly suitable viewing. It wasn't a quality Pirate video but from what I could see it involved his fave cartoon characters running over innocent bystanders and picking up prostitutes.



I can't stand these scumbags who make a living out of doing evil spoofs of children's cartoons. I know I sound like Mary Whitehouse but you have to be pretty careful with autistic kids in particular. Bobby has the language now, but not the emotional maturity of most eight year olds and I wouldn't give this to any eight year old.

Technically, he's already more gifted than me. What the heck will he be like when he's older? As Gav said, with Alec we have to keep one step ahead physically (hence the gym for both of us!) and with Bobby we're just going to have to become technical geniuses. I'll leave that one to Gavin.

Maybe I should just relax and wait for the new Steve Jobs to rake in the millions....


No comments:

Post a Comment